I've moved!!
NEW BLOG ADDRESS HERE: runaroundsara.blogspot.com



Sunday, June 12, 2011

What's in a name?


NEW BLOG ADDRESS HERE:  runaroundsara.blogspot.com




I've been thinking about the name of my blog and I want to change it. I think. 


More specifically, the address. Right now it's http://sariah8.blogspot.com. Since this is a blog about my mission to a triathlon and what I'm doing to train, I'd like it to be something about that and not "sariah8" which is really a username more than anything. And because I'm also planning on a half marathon after the triathlon, I guess I'm in this for the long haul and don't know if I just want it to be all about the tri. But, I'm indecisive. And I also can't think of a name. So I need your help.


Any ideas? I was thinking of making this a contest/giveaway, but I'm new at this and don't really have anything to give away. Um, a pair of socks? YES. A special fun, funky pair of socks. Who doesn't like socks? And I'll choose the socks based on the winner's personality. So they'll definitely be fun, funky & cool! Really, this is a win-win situation for all of us!


Here's the deal, you can list as many blog names as you like. But put each idea/name in a different comment. And follow me too. Yes, bonus points if you're a follower. Who knows, maybe 2 pairs of socks will be given away! (Probably) Actually, yes. I will choose a winner based on the blog name choice and another winner will be chosen at random for a bonus prize.


Okay, let's get organized. First winner will be chosen based on my biased opinion and what I like for a blog name. The second winner will be chosen at random. The prize: besides the sheer satisfaction of being the winner, SOCKS.


Enter as follows (each entry needs a new comment):
  • Suggest a name for my blog (or two, or three, or seven)
  • Follow my blog (and then you'll have to re-follow my new blog once the new name is chosen, haha!!)
  • Promote this contest/giveaway on your blog, twitter, facebook, run through the streets screaming, make posters, etc.


What I'd like:
  • Something clever of course, because you know me. I'm clever.
  • Using my name is good (it's Sara in case you're new around here)
  • Anything dealing with swimming, biking, running, triathlon, racing, etc
  • Catchy is good
  • Play on words
  • What you think when you think of me (maybe I don't want that)
  • Brutal honesty


I'll end the contest on Friday of this week (6/17/11) and announce the winner on Saturday, 6/18/11. A whole week of fun!

I can't wait too see all your ideas!! And GO.

3 comments:

  1. Saralete - Sara the triathlete. Ok, that's dumb. I'm just warming up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My new motto is: I'm not in it to compete, I'm in it to complete. And not be last doing it." This is from your first blog post and its a line that always stuck with me. You should use something from this for the blog title.

    Complete not Compete

    Not Last!
    Sara isn't Last!
    (use some of your pics of the results where you wrote in "not last")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower!

    Hmm... I actually like Jennifer's first idea. I think it's catchy!

    If you want to include a portion of your current blog title, you could choose:

    The Obsessive Triathlete (or Athlete)
    Confessions of an Obsessive Triathlete
    Hi, My Name is Sara, and I Have Tri Fever
    Tri-Sara

    I'll post more if I think of anything. :)

    ReplyDelete